View story

More stories

BOY, 6, ALMOST BLIND AFTER ONE-IN-MILLION ALLERGIC REACTION

A six-year-old boy has been left almost blind after a one-in-a-million allergic reaction to antibiotics. Declan Bitmead-Ellis, from Carshalton, Surrey, developed the life-threatening condition toxic epidermal necrolysis (TENS) after taking Amoxicillin for a tonsillitis infection. Shortly after taking the tablets in March this year, his entire body developed blisters and he was slipping in and out of consciousness. Doctors warned his terrified parents, Ashleigh Ellis, 28, and Andy Bitmead, 26, that he might not survive the condition, which has a 30% mortality rate.

Mini-cane guides blind le...

View this story

Mother's instinct saves b...

View this story

Woman paralysed by ex cam...

View this story

Woman too scared to leave...

View this story

Test could have saved me ...

View this story

I blame myself for my dau...

View this story

Op sees twin take first s...

View this story

Tiny christmas angel, six...

View this story

First shoes, first steps ...

View this story

Justin bieber fan loses 7...

View this story